2016 Harley-Davidson® S-Series - Slim
Myrtle Beach Harley-Davidson®
S-Series - Slim
FOR A LIMITED TIME W.Q.C. AND 10% CASH DOWN WE WILL MAKE YOUR FIRST 2 PAYMENTS YOU CAN RIDE FREE FOR 60 DAYS SOME RESTRICTIONS APPLY PLEASE ASK OUR SALESMAN FOR DETAILS ....LOOK at THIS 2016 Harley-Davidson Softail Slim S with the 110 engine up grade with only 13800 miles .. ...We have up to 72 month financing available and W.Q.C. and 10% cash down or trade equity you could be riding this bike for as low as $259.00 per month ...a no cost 1 year 50/50 in house drive train warranty may apply so please ask our salesman for details ...call us at 843-369-5555 or better yet come visit us here in BEAUTIFUL Myrtle Beach and ride this bad boy home!!! SPRING RALLY IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER SO DON'T WAIT, ACT FAST FOR THE VERY BEST SELECTION!
Nothing gets more respect on the street than power. So when we built the new Softail Slim® S, we loaded it up with the most powerful engine you can get in cruiser this year.
- American Muscle: We’ve taken everything that was great about the Softail Slim® and added a little more. For starters, we’ve added power with a Screamin’ Eagle® Air-Cooled Twin Cam 110B™ engine. We’ve taken the military theme even further with an awesome Olive Gold Denim paint option and made the rest black to the core. Black triple clamp and riser, gloss black headlamp ring, fork slider covers and lower forks. Black brake levers, mirrors and black over/under shotgun exhaust with slash cut muffler. Every inch is modern power with old iron attitude.
- Authentic Styling: Get an eyeful of a Softail motorcycle and you see more than some weepy-eyed exercise in nostalgia. You’re looking at the kind of style that has the power to defy time. Honest. Uncluttered. Unaffected by the fad of the moment. There’s a good reason for this. We’ve used our long decades on the road, riding, wrenching, talking to other custom bike fanatics, to discover what works. Then we stick with it, and use it to push the boundaries of motorcycle design ever further. Take a look at the horseshoe oil tank adorning our Softail models. It’s the same one you’d see on a restored dresser from the ‘50s, or a radical Panhead chopper from the ‘70s. And you’ll find it right now on future Harley-Davidson models that still on the drawing board. Other companies may be content to imitate bits and pieces from our long history. On a Softail motorcycle every part down to the axle nut cover comes from an authentic tradition. With a genuine reason for looking the way it looks.
- Iconic Engine: The air-cooled 45° V-Twin engine at the heart of every Softail model is a prime example of what makes a Harley-Davidson motorcycle more satisfying than anything else. Its clean, uncluttered shape fits perfectly in the downtubes of the frame. Twist the throttle and the surge of torque hits you exactly where it counts. The knowledge of what makes an engine truly move a rider runs deep at The Motor Company, and it’s been put to particular good use to power the Softail family. We counterbalance the engine, which means we can bolt it directly to the frame. It keeps the styling tight at the center of the bike. It lets the rider feel the pulse of the V-Twin. Yet there aren’t any vibrations rattling the fillings out of your teeth. What’s good gets even better for 2016. The Softail family gets a power upgrade to the new Screamin’ Eagle® Air-Cooled Twin Cam 110B™ engine. More power is always a Harley-Davidson tradition.
- Technology: The beauty of the technology on a Softail motorcycle is that it never looks technological. That didn’t happen by accident and it doesn’t come easy, particularly when you consider that the inspiration for the family is the clean, wide-open lines of a vintage hardtail. Clutter it up with too many high tech doo-dads and you have a different machine entirely. Take a look at the anti-lock brakes now standard on many Softail models and available across the line. ABS gives you the control you want on a modern motorcycle. But our teams of industrial designers and engineers weren’t finished until the whole system had a streamlined design. The same goes for the clean look to the handlebars, thanks to a new electronic throttle system on every Softail model. With each passing year, adding a little technology to the ride looks better and better.
- Handling: If you’ve never experienced a Harley-Davidson Softail motorcycle, it’s time to find out what you’ve been missing. The venerable Softail frame has logged untold millions of miles, and we’ve put every one of them to good use. The result: one of the most fun rides in all of motorcycling. We’ve spent the years making the frame stiffer, the geometry more balanced and the braking more precise. The dazzling wheels are wrapped in premium Dunlop rubber. The low seats give you a confident feeling of being a part of the motorcycle. Get out on a rolling stretch of backcountry highway and it all comes together. The crisp and responsive ride. The killer looks. As long as we build motorcycles like this having a good time will never go out of style.
- Comfort: The authentic look of a Softail motorcycle comes from the days before anyone knew much about building a suspension. The rigid hardtail frames of yesteryear had a pure, uncluttered look that riders still love. But the bone-rattling ride meant your grandpa needed to strap on a kidney belt to keep his internals intact. The Softail family uses modern technology to consign the kidney belt to the museum. We've kept all the modern comforts where they belong—below the surface of a rad bike loaded with authentic style. You get the classic lines of a vintage "hardtail" frame with the horizontal rear shocks hidden in the guts. It's a signature rigid look, and you'll only find it on a Softail model.
- Custom Tank Graphics and Black Detailing: Check out the tank graphics on the Softail® Slim® S model. With the Olive Gold Denim paint, you get a new military-inspired waterslide graphic. With the Vivid Black Paint, you get a classic Harley-Davidson Bar and Shield medallion. To compliment that look you get blacked out styling details. Black brake levers, clutch assemblies. mirrors, triple clamp and handlebar clamp. Even the headlamp trim ring is black. Either way you go, one thing is sure. The Softail® Slim® S model is one motorcycle that refuses to blend in.
- Olive Gold Denim or Vivid Black Paint: The Softail® Slim® S model gives you two choices of paint: Olive Gold Denim or Vivid Black. Like all Harley-Davidson® paint it's premium color, laid down thick and flawless on your metal.
- Stage 1 High Flow Round Air Intake: Sitting between the big cylinders on the Softail® Slim® S model you'll notice a gloss black high flow round air cleaner cover, filter and back plate. This high flow filter lets the engine gulp air in massive quantities in order to make massive amounts of power. Think of it as military muscle.
- Blacked Out Exhaust: The gloss black 110 cubic inch counter-balanced V-Twin engine on the Softail® Slim® S model feeds its sound to the world through 2 into 2 exhaust with blacked out pipes and mufflers.
- Narrow Rear Profile: The narrow rear tire and chopped fender with its integrated stop/turn/tail light and side-mounted license plate add up to a stripped-down profile that evokes the iconic, no-nonsense style of classic bobbers.
- "Hollywood" Handlebars and "Cat Eye" Console: A cutting-edge ride that's rich with Harley-Davidson history, the Softail Slim® S model's old-iron soul comes alive right up front. Unique retro-inspired handlebars call back to the glory days of 1940s bobbers, while the gloss-black headlamp cover and the "Cat Eye" console with its retro speedo face add even more swing-era swagger.
- Hidden Rear Shocks: If you want a comfortable bike but love that rigid-suspension look, you've come to the right bike. We've kept all the modern comforts where they belong—below the surface of a rad, vintage-looking bike. You get the classic lines of a vintage 'hardtail' frame with the horizontal rear shocks hidden in the guts. It's a signature rigid look, and you'll only find it on a Softail® model.
- Screamin’ Eagle® Air-cooled, Twin Cam 110B™ Engine Power: The Screamin’ Eagle® Air-Cooled, Twin Cam 110B™ engine in the Softail® Slim® S model is built to deliver awesome power and a smooth ride at the same time. Counter balancers dampen the vibration while the big pistons pump out the torque. You get big power on the low end and plenty to keep you happy on the high end. There's a reason we're called The Motor Company. And once you send some fuel to this one, you'll know what it is.
- Screamin’ Eagle® Air-Cooled, Twin Cam 110B™ Engine Heritage: The knowledge of what makes an engine truly move a rider runs deep at The Motor Company, and it was put to good use when we created this counter-balanced Twin Cam 110™ engine. We sweated bullets perfecting every cubic inch, pushing design and technology forward. And we did it all without compromising one bit of Harley-Davidson's unique styling. Evolved, yet carrying on the legacy of the Flathead, Knucklehead, Panhead, Shovelhead, Evolution® and Twin Cam engines that came before. The performance and durability are a direct result of untold miles logged on the V-Twin since 1909 and the proud heritage that comes from a century's commitment to life on two wheels.
- Screamin’ Eagle® Air-Cooled, Twin Cam 110B™ Engine Innovation: Fire up the counter-balance Twin Cam 110™ engine and feel the low-end torque unleashed. The colossal 110 cubic inches provide seemingly endless torque with adrenaline-pumping pull through all six gears. And counter balancing keeps the engine rock solid smooth through all six gears. Six speeds, a strong driveline and a low cruising RPM couldn't feel better.
- Screamin’ Eagle® Air-cooled, Twin Cam 110B™ Engine Style: Pure. Dripping with power. A jewel machined out of metal. There's no mistaking the roots of the Twin Cam 110™ Engine with its Screamin' Eagle® badges: authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through. It's gloss black heads sit atop cylinders with machined cooling fin tips to highlight the muscular shape of the engine. It's a pure, powerful declaration of the value of staying true to what satisfies the rider.
- Six-Speed Cruise Drive® Transmission: You want a ride that rumbles—not begs for mercy—when you lean on it a little. The Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission provides smooth, quiet shifting and reduces engine speed on the highway, so you get a better match between engine turnover and road speed. It's a rare ride when a bike responds like this, and a low growl goes a long way when you're opening up the road ahead.
- H-D® Smart Security System: The factory-installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle's electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to detail and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- Anti-Lock Brakes: This sophisticated, factory-installed ABS gives 'stopping power' a double meaning. You'll turn heads with clean, streamlined design. But more importantly, you get certainty in the saddle knowing your bike's going to behave when you need it.
- Front Brake System: The front brake system on the Softail® models this year delivers a 40 percent reduction in the amount of lever force required at peak braking. The handlebar master and front cylinders have been restyled. There's a new 4-piston fixed caliper with 32 and 34 mm pistons, premium caliper piston coating to minimize initial displacement and a larger 300 mm rotor. It all adds up to more stopping power with less effort.
- Dunlop® Tires: Whether you're crossing state lines or staying within city limits, you want sure contact with the road. The front end holds a premium touring tire with a three-ply polyester casing and two fiberglass belts. The back cruiser tire has an advanced tread pattern. Made from a specifically formulated compound, it delivers outstanding grip in wet or dry weather. And since they're from Dunlop®, you know you're wrapping your premium rollers in quality rubber.
- Engineered for Easy Handling: The Softail Slim® S motorcycle may come on heavy, but it's been designed to handle like a dream, with easy jiffy stand lift-off and great low-speed maneuverability, so you're always riding in control. And when it's time to stop, the low-slung saddle means your feet easily reach the road.
- New Ergonomically Designed Hand Controls: When you've put as many miles as we have in the saddle, you get a strong feel for what’s right and wrong on a motorcycle. Even the smallest annoyances start to add up with each passing mile, and that’s especially true of the way the handlebar feels in your grip. So we worked over the hand controls with as much passion as we worked over the engine powering the Softail Slim® S motorcycle. The shapes feel good, and are angled to fall right under your thumbs. It’s just one more way each new mile feels even better than the ones that came before.
- New Electronic Throttle Control and Cruise Control: The minimalist styling of the Softail Slim® S motorcycle gets even cleaner with the addition of standard electronic throttle control. Take a look. There’s no cable cluttering up the handlebars. Cruise control is also included, standard. The switches are placed where you can easily dial in your speed with your left thumb. That’s all it takes to give your wrist a break and keep on hauling down the road.
- Standard Anti-Lock Brakes: When it comes to the Softail Slim® S model with ABS, "stopping power" has a double meaning. The components of our ABS are tastefully stylized within the wheel hub, so you'll still turn heads with clean, streamlined design. More importantly, though, you get certainty in the saddle knowing your bike's going to behave when you need it.
- Half Moon Foot Boards: Cruise ahead with both feet in the past with this fresh twist on a classic design. The look may be vintage but the comfort is up-to-date: the chrome-plated steel surround and high durability raised rubber shapes are assembled to offer modern cast-in vibration isolation.
- Low Solo Seat: The low-slung solo saddle matches the motorcycle's clean, back-to-basics attitude, setting you "in" the bike so you ride like you're a part of it and the open road ahead of you.
- Length: 92.3 in. (2,345 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 23.8 in. (605 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 28.2 in. (665 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 4.9 in. (125 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 32.1
- Trail: 5.8 in. (147 mm)
- Wheelbase: 64.4 in. (1,635 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: MT90B16 72H
- Tires, Rear Specification: MU85B16 77H
- Fuel Capacity: 5 gal. (18.9 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 3.5 qt. (3.3 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 682 lb. (309 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 712 lb. (323 kg)
- Engine: Screamin' Eagle® Air-cooled, Twin Cam 110B™
- Bore: 4 in. (101.6 mm)
- Stroke: 4.374 in. (111.1 mm)
- Displacement: 110 cu in (1,801 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 34/46 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 9.311
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 6.454
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 4.793
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 3.882
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.307
- Gear Ratios (overall) 6th: 2.79
- Exhaust: Black over/under shotgun exhaust with slash-cut muffler
- Wheels, Front Type: Black Steel Laced
- Wheels, Rear Type: Black Steel Laced
- Brakes, Caliper Type: 4-piston front and 2-piston rear
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 109 ft-lb (148 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3,500
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 24
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 25
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy: 43 mpg (5.5 l/100 km)
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, security system (optional), 6-speed, low fuel warning, ABS (optional)
- Gauges: Tank-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, RPM/gear display, fuel gauge with low fuel warning light and countdown feature, low oil pressure indicator light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights, 6-speed indicator light
NOTES:Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2. Fuel Economy estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary. Engine torque values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren. Seat Height measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
- Engine Type
- Screamin' Eagle® Twin Cam 110B™
- 110 cu in. (1,801 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 4 in. (101.6 mm) x 4.374 in. (111.1 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- MT90B16 72H
- Rear Tire
- MU85B16 77H
- 64.4 in. (1,635 mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 23.8 in. (605 mm); Unladen: 28.2 in. (665 mm)
- 32.1 deg.
- 5.8 in. (147 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5 gal. (18.9 L)
- 43 mpg (5.5 l/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- 682 lb. (309 kg)
- Vivid Black