2017 Harley-Davidson® Softail - Heritage Softail Classic
Myrtle Beach Harley-Davidson®
Softail - Heritage Softail Classic
LIMITED TIME OFFER ON THIS BIKE, RIDE FREE FOR 60 DAYS!! WITH YOUR QUALIFIED CREDIT AND 10% DOWN, WE WILL MAKE YOUR FIRST 2 PAYMENTS FOR YOU! THIS OFFER APPLIES ONLY TO CERTAIN PRE OWNED MOTORCYCLES AND SOME RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY SO BE SURE TO ASK YOUR SALESMAN FOR ALL THE DETAILS!!!Beautiful 2017 Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic in Dark Blue finish!!! High output Twin Cam 103 engine and six speed transmission get you down the road quickly and very reliably! Windshield, leather bags, comfortable seat and much much more!! We have 72 month financing available too and with your qualified credit and 10% cash down, we can get you on this bike for as little as $279 per month! Call today and let one of our knowledgeable salesmen help make this one yours today!! Call 843-369-5555
Comfort as modern as this morning’s news and the power from our High Output Twin Cam 103B™ engine, but the look still blazes straight from this machine’s authentic dresser past.
- This is too good to consign to history: The Heritage Softail® Classic drips with the nostalgia of days gone by, but that’s only half of the equation for the rider of today. The hidden suspension gives you the authentic look without the bone-shaking ride of an old Hardtail. You get the comfort of cruise control for those long stretches of pavement. A redesigned seat and redesigned leather saddlebags. And best of all, the High Output Twin Cam 103B™ engine. We’re not about to re-invent this look. But we never stop re-inventing the ride.
- Authentic Styling: Get an eyeful of a Softail® motorcycle and you see more than some weepy-eyed exercise in nostalgia. You’re looking at the kind of style that has the power to defy time. Honest. Uncluttered. Unaffected by the fad of the moment. There’s a good reason for this. We’ve used our long decades on the road, riding, wrenching, talking to other custom bike fanatics, to discover what works. Then we stick with it, and use it to push the boundaries of motorcycle design ever further. Take a look at the horseshoe oil tank adorning our Softail models. It’s the same one you’d see on a restored dresser from the ‘50s, or a radical Panhead chopper from the ‘70s. And you’ll find it right now on future Harley-Davidson models that still on the drawing board. Other companies may be content to imitate bits and pieces from our long history. On a Softail motorcycle every part down to the axle nut cover comes from an authentic tradition. With a genuine reason for looking the way it looks.
- Iconic Engine: The air-cooled 45° V-Twin engine at the heart of every Softail model is a prime example of what makes a Harley-Davidson motorcycle more satisfying than anything else. Its clean, uncluttered shape fits perfectly in the downtubes of the frame. Twist the throttle and the surge of torque hits you exactly where it counts. The knowledge of what makes an engine truly move a rider runs deep at The Motor Company, and it’s been put to particular good use to power the Softail family. We counterbalance the engine, which means we can bolt it directly to the frame. It keeps the styling tight at the center of the bike. It lets the rider feel the pulse of the V-Twin. With the High Output Twin Cam 103B™ engine, there aren’t any vibrations rattling the fillings out of your teeth. More power is always a Harley-Davidson tradition.
- Handling: If you’ve never experienced a Harley-Davidson® Softail® motorcycle, it’s time to find out what you’ve been missing. The venerable Softail frame has logged untold millions of miles, and we’ve put every one of them to good use. The result: one of the most fun rides in all of motorcycling. We’ve spent the years making the frame stiffer, the geometry more balanced and the braking more precise. The dazzling wheels are wrapped in premium Dunlop rubber. The low seats give you a confident feeling of being a part of the motorcycle. Get out on a rolling stretch of backcountry highway and it all comes together. The crisp and responsive ride. The killer looks. As long as we build motorcycles like this having a good time will never go out of style.
- Comfort: The authentic look of a Softail motorcycle comes from the days before anyone knew much about building a suspension. The rigid hardtail frames of yesteryear had a pure, uncluttered look that riders still love. But the bone-rattling ride meant your grandpa needed to strap on a kidney belt to keep his internals intact. The Softail family uses modern technology to consign the kidney belt to the museum. We've kept all the modern comforts where they belong—below the surface of a rad bike loaded with authentic style. You get the classic lines of a vintage "hardtail" frame with the horizontal rear shocks hidden in the guts. It's a signature rigid look, and you'll only find it on a Softail model.
- Nostalgic Custom Style: Do laced wheels, whitewalls and studded leather add to the way a bike feels on the road? Of course they do. That’s what makes for the quintessential boulevard cruiser. As rallies were gaining traction in the '40s, you'd roll into Daytona Bike Week to see and be seen. There was really something going on, and it lives on in this bike. You see modern and nostalgic brought together like nowhere else, including a cleaner look to the studded seat, seat, tank trim, backrest, and saddlebags, along with dazzling red starburst inserts. The saddlebags also get sag-preventing interior supports. And let's talk wheels. You can go with the standard steel-laced wheels on blackwalls with a chrome hub. Or turn the clock all the way back with the optional chrome laces and wide whitewalls.
- Old-School Tank and 3-D Medallion: The unique medallion on the Heritage Softail Classic motorcycle is glass-inlayed, cloisonné-and-chrome style and shows that Harley-Davidson Softail model heritage that runs in your blood. With a five-gallon capacity for long weekend cruising, we top off this tank with a nostalgic chrome “cats-eye” console, paint for days and style to spare.
- Tank-Mounted Console: The speedometer face boasts a big, bold display for the odometer, along with an ancillary display for gear and rpm, offering up the information you need on the fly.
- Interior Saddlebag Support: Genuine leather saddlebags are a key visual cue to the nostalgic Dresser roots of the Heritage Softail® Classic motorcycle, and we loaded them up with custom detail to make sure no one misses the point. We gave them rigid interior supports to keep it all looking trim and tight when you’re motoring down the road.
- Hidden Rear Shocks: If you want a comfortable bike but love that rigid-suspension look, you've come to the right bike. We've kept all the modern comforts where they belong—below the surface of a rad, vintage-looking bike. You get the classic lines of a vintage "hardtail" frame with the horizontal rear shocks hidden in the guts. It's a signature rigid look, and you'll only find it on a Softail® model.
- High Output Twin Cam 103B™ Engine: The knowledge of what makes an engine truly move a rider runs deep at The Motor Company, and it was put to good use when we created the High Output Twin Cam 103B™ engine. We sweated bullets perfecting every cubic inch, pushing design and technology forward. And we did it all without compromising one bit of Harley-Davidson's unique styling. Evolved, yet carrying on the legacy of the Flathead, Knucklehead, Panhead, Shovelhead, Evolution® and Twin Cam 88™ and Twin Cam 96® engines that came before. The performance and durability are a direct result of the untold miles logged on the V-Twin since 1909 and the proud heritage that comes from a century's worth of commitment to life on two wheels.
- Pure Harley-Davidson Styling: Feast your eyes on the High Output Twin Cam 103B™ engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find from any other motorcycle company. Black powder-coated heads and cylinders are highlighted by machined cooling fin tips and chrome rocker covers. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of cases and covers—the High Output Twin Cam 103B™ engine makes an ironclad statement about holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies.
- High Output Twin Cam 103B™ Engine Power: Asking riders if they’d like more power is like asking them “Would you like more beer in the pitcher?” when they've reached the end of a long day tearing up the roads. Everybody wants it, and the High Output Twin Cam 103B™ engine is 103 cubic inches of Harley-Davidson V-Twin you can rely on to deliver it. The airbox increases intake airflow and the cam optimizes phase and duration. The result: better low-end torque and faster 60 to 80 mph 5th gear roll-on to get you around that 18-wheeler. In other words, it gets you motivated in a hurry. In the tradition of the legendary Harley iron that came before it, the High Output Twin Cam 103B™ engine is once again raising the bar for the feeling an engine delivers to the rider. There’s a reason we’re called the Harley-Davidson Motor Company. Once you send some fuel to this engine, you’ll have no doubt whose it is.
- High Output Twin Cam 103B™ Engine Innovation: Fire up the High Output Twin Cam 103B™ engine and feel the low-end torque unleashed. Thanks to the lightweight piston design, delivery of the added power is more refined than ever. Then put your foot on the shifter and feel how the engine and 6-Speed Cruise Drive® Transmission were designed to work together. Six speeds. A strong driveline and strong internal parts. Low routine maintenance. And a low cruising rpm that couldn't feel better.
- 6-Speed Cruise Drive® Transmission: You want a ride that rumbles—not begs for mercy—when you lean on it a little. The 6-Speed Cruise Drive® Transmission provides smooth, quiet shifting and reduces engine speed on the highway, so you get a better match between engine turnover and road speed. It's a rare ride when a bike responds like this, and a low growl goes a long way when you're opening up the road ahead.
- Dunlop® Tires: Whether you're crossing state lines or staying within city limits, you want a confident feeling of sure contact with the road. The front end holds a premium touring tire with a three-ply polyester casing and two fiberglass belts. The back cruiser tire has an advanced tread pattern. Made from a specifically formulated compound, it delivers outstanding grip in wet or dry weather. And since they're from Dunlop®, you know you're wrapping your premium rollers in quality rubber.
- Front Brake System: The front brake system on the Softail® models delivers a 40 percent reduction in the amount of lever force required at peak braking. The handlebar master and front cylinders have been restyled. There's a 4-piston fixed caliper with 32 and 34 mm pistons, premium caliper piston coating to minimize initial displacement and a larger 300 mm rotor. It all adds up to more stopping power with less effort.
- Electronic Throttle Control and Cruise Control: The minimalist styling of the Heritage Softail® Classic motorcycle gets even cleaner with the addition of standard electronic throttle control. Take a look. There’s no cable cluttering up the handlebars. Cruise control is also included, standard. The switches are placed where you can easily dial in your speed with your left thumb. That’s all it takes to give your wrist a break and keep on hauling down the road.
- H-D® Detachables™ Windshield: Go from touring to cruising in a heartbeat. Leave the screen on for a clean envelope of air over the long haul. Or remove it in seconds for a completely new look and ride. The polycarbonate windshield is tough as they come—durable, scratch resistant, low maintenance. And whether you choose to cruise or keep the shield on, your Heritage Softail® Classic model rules with a nostalgic style and versatility you can make your own.
- Tall Handlebar: Classic style and maximum comfort. That's the perfect balance of the tall handlebars that come standard on the Heritage Softail® Classic model. They're designed to keep you comfortably propped in a commanding position while making sure your neck muscles stay calm and relaxed mile after mile, state after state. Durable stainless steel ensures the structural rigidity you expect from Harley-Davidson with the deep, lustrous finish you demand.
- Convertible Two-Piece Seat: Hit the boulevard in style with the classic Softail® two-up seat. It's comfort for you or two. A bigger passenger seat and contour backrest to keep your passenger as comfortable as you. The classic, old-school styling includes a studded seat valance that matches your bags, and the seat pillion is removable. Just ditch it for stripped-back, solo profiling. Or leave it on and bring your better half along for the ride.
- Full-Length Rider Footboards: Your boots were made for riding, in any way you see fit. Our full-length footboards boast a tried and true design that's stood the test of time. Plenty of foot positions for your taste and comfort. Rubber vibration isolation for a comfortable ride. And heel-toe shifting for confident shifting every time. It takes a few rides, but once you've gotten used to the smooth heel-toe rhythm, you'll never give it up. The toes of your boots won't take the same beating, either.
- Length: 94.7 in. (2,405 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 25.5 in. (648 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 27 in. (685 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 4.7 in. (120 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 31
- Trail: 5.8 in. (147 mm)
- Wheelbase: 64.4 in. (1,635 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: MT90B16 72H
- Tires, Rear Specification: 150/80B16 71H
- Fuel Capacity: 5 gal. (18.9 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 3.5 qt. (3.3 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 726 lb. (329 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 755 lb. (342 kg)
- Engine: Air-Cooled, High Output Twin Cam 103B™
- Bore: 3.87 in. (98.4 mm)
- Stroke: 4.374 in. (111.1 mm)
- Displacement: 103.1 cu in (1,690 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 34/46 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 9.311
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 6.454
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 4.793
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 3.882
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.307
- Gear Ratios (overall) 6th: 2.79
- Exhaust: Chrome, staggered shorty exhaust with dual mufflers
- Wheels, Front Type: Steel Laced
- Wheels, Rear Type: Steel Laced
- Brakes, Caliper Type: 4-piston front and 2-piston rear
- Wheels, Optional Style Type: Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 99.5 ft-lb (135 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3000
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 24.4
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 25.9
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy: 42 mpg (5.6 l/100 km)
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, front fender running lights, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, security system (optional), 6-speed, low fuel warnings, ABS, cruise control
- Gauges: Tank-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, RPM/gear display, fuel gauge with low fuel warning light and countdown feature, low oil pressure indicator light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights, 6-speed indicator light. Cruise indicator light
NOTES:Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2. Fuel Economy estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary. Engine torque values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren. Seat Height measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
- Engine Type
- High Output Twin Cam 103B™
- 103.1 cu in (1,690 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.87 in. (98.4 mm) x 4.374 in. (111.1 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- MT90B16 72H
- Rear Tire
- 150/80B16 71H
- 64.4 in. (1,635 mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 25.5 in. (648 mm); Unladen: 27 in. (685 mm)
- 31 deg.
- 5.8 in. (147 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5 gal. (18.9 L)
- 42 mpg (5.6 l/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- 726 lb. (329 kg)
- Vivid Black