2019 Harley-Davidson® Forty-Eight® - Two-Tone Custom Option
Stock Image: Scorched Orange / Black Denim
Myrtle Beach Harley-Davidson®
Forty-Eight® - Two-Tone Custom Option
Heavy-hitting style with fat tires and an iconic peanut tank. Designed with its signature bulldog stance and 1200cc of corner cranking torque.
Styling + Features
- 1200 cc Air-Cooled Evolution® Engine: An iconic V-Twin engine that is renowned for its massive low-end torque and soul-satisfying sound. Lightweight aluminum heads and cylinders improve air-cooling efficiency.
- Fat Front Wheel: Custom rubber reminiscent of the lead-sled culture. You get a beefy front end with a tall, fat MT90 tire that gives the bike a dominating presence up front and provides a smooth ride and solid handling.
- 49mm Fork with Cartridge Dampening: The brawny 49mm front fork is accentuated by massive triple clamps and fork brace. We've also added cartridge damping technology to keep the handling crisp and confident, no matter how rough or winding the road ahead.
- Split 9-Spoke Cast Aluminum Wheels: A set of black hardcore rims with added machined highlights to set off the design. They're built of lightweight cast aluminium, so even with the plentitude of fat black rubber rolling underneath the ride feels light and nimble.
- Emulsion Rear Shock with Screw Adjuster: Features an Emulsion rear shock with a screw pre-load adjuster that soaks up every bump the street throws your way, and easily adjusts to fit your riding style.
- Foundation Brake System: An innovative, high-performing system that gives riders more confidence on the road and more power and predictability when you squeeze the brakes.
- Iconic 2.1 Gallon Fuel Tank: A classic peanut fuel tank design that adds to the machine's low, powerful bulldog look, showing off the solid mass of the engine and the rawboned style of the lean Sportster® frame.
- Engine: Air-cooled, Evolution®
- Bore: 3.5 in. (88.9 mm)
- Stroke: 3.8 in. (96.8 mm)
- Displacement: 1,202 cc (73.4 cu in.)
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Exhaust: Black, staggered exhaust with slash-cut mufflers
- Length: 85.2 in. (2,165 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 26.2 in.
- Seat Height, Unladen: 28 in. (710 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 4.3 in. (110 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 30.2
- Trail: 5.3 in. (135 mm)
- Wheelbase: 58.9 in. (1,495 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: 130/90B16 73H
- Tires, Rear Specification: 150/80B16 77H
- Fuel Capacity: 2.1 gal. (7.9 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 2.8 qt. (2.6 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 545 lb. (247 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 556 lb. (252 kg)
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 73 ft-lb (99 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3500
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 27.1
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 27.1
- Fuel Economy Testing Method: Estimated City/Hwy
- Fuel Economy: 48 mpg (4.9 l/100 km)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 38/57 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 9.315
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 6.653
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 4.948
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 4.102
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.517
- Wheels, Front Type: Black, Split 9-Spoke Cast Aluminum w/ Machined Highlights
- Wheels, Rear Type: Black, Split 9-Spoke Cast Aluminum w/ Machined Highlights
- Brakes, Caliper Type: Dual-piston front, Dual-piston rear
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning, low battery, security system (if equipped), ABS (if equipped
- Gauges: Handlebar-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock, dual tripmeter, low fuel warning light, low oil pressure light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights
NOTES:Vehicle may be shown with optional Genuine Motor Accessories. Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2. Fuel Economy estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary. Engine torque values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren. Seat Height measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
- Engine Type
- 1,202 cc (73.4 cu in.)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.5 in. (88.9 mm) x 3.8 in. (96.8 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- 130/90B16 73H
- Rear Tire
- 150/80B16 77H
- 58.9 in. (1,495 mm)
- Seat Height
- 26.2 in.
- 30.2 deg.
- 5.3 in. (135 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.1 gal. (7.9 L)
- 48 mpg (4.9 l/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- 545 lb. (247 kg)
- Scorched Orange / Black Denim